WHAT IS PERMANENT MAKEUP
Permanent make up, semi- permanent cosmetics, semi permanent make up, micropigmentation is a cosmetic tattoo procedure for eyebrows, as well as lip and eyeliner treatments. All above and more different names for a treatment but all are form of tattooing. Microblading is also a part of the tattooing family. The beauty of microblading is that the hair-like strokes can be achieved for a natural looking eyebrows.
There are many techniques in permanent makeup using digital machine or precision hand tool, which can be combined to get desired results. PMU it is a process when the medical grade pigments is gently implanted into the upper dermal layer of the skin using a variety of disposable needles.
PERMANENT MAKEUP TREATMENT
Initially free consultation and sensitivity test carried out to determine skin reactions and then appointment can be made to proceed the treatment. Permanent makeup procedure can take 1.5- 3 hours depending on the treatment area. It begins with consultation, shaping and with your approval application of the pigment. Usually anesthetic cream used before and during the procedure, to limit the pain and discomfort to a minimum, but it depends on the individual’s pain threshold and sensitivity. After procedure the treated area may look pink and swollen and the colour appear much more intense than when it's healed. All healing stages– heal, peel, fade, what you can expect and aftercare instructions will be fully explained on a day. Usually one, touch up visit must be booked 4-8 weeks from the initial procedure, for evaluating healed result and do top up to beautify the area.
HOW LONG DOES PERMANENT MAKEUP LAST
As a rough guide permanent makeup will last 1-5 years. However, there are no guarantees that pigment will leave the skin completely. How quickly pigment fades depends on the individual clients skin type, age, lifestyle, chosen pigment, technique, medical history. With the time, quality of colour break down, which is why it is suggested to have periodical top ups to keep the look fresh and complete.
WHO BENEFITS FROM PERMANENT MAKEUP
There are many reasons to consider permanent makeup and have more radiant and carefree
look 24 hours a day:
• If you want to have brighter eyes, defined eyebrows or blooming lips.
• If you want to improve the shape, colour of your eyebrows, eyes or lips and to complement your facial contours and enhance your beauty.
• If you are busy or have active lifestyle.
• If you want to look your best for sport activities with no worries about "sweating off" or reapplying cosmetics.
• If you can't wear traditional cosmetics due to allergies and skin sensitivities.
• If you are alopecia sufferer.
• If you have difficulty applying makeup because you have a bad vision or have dexterity conditions.
• If you have none asymmetrical features or simply want to wake up with makeup.
Under 18 years of age
Pregnancy and nursing
Pre or post radiotherapy/chemotherapy treatment unless medical consent is given
On Warfarin or other blood thinning medication unless medical consent is given
Using Antabuse or Roaccutane within 6 months of the treatment date